Friday, March 14, 2008

zwaggle me this...

I love zwaggle! What is zwaggle you say? I never heard of it either until I checked out this weeks blog blast from parent bloggers network. Think ebay but you don't have to bid and you only pay shipping! Zwaggle is a community for parents to share stuff they no longer need and get things that they do. With no money trading hands. no really! You get 50 points(zoints) for signing up, you can get more for posting stuff and having people take it, or getting others to join. I "acquired" a toy for my son, it cost me a whole 7.00 to have it shipped from California, I live on the east coast for a frame of reference. I also posted a baby sling I will no longer be needing, but is almost new and someone else might love!

Everyone is looking for ways to provide for their families without over extending themselves. Everyone has kids that outgrow clothes, or toys, or baby gear. Why not share it with others instead of filling the landfill? I am so excited about this idea that I immediately invited a bunch of my friends and family as well as called them and explained it. I'm hooked!

I have always been a big fan of passing things on that we no longer need, as a matter of fact I've been known to hang on to things because no one we knew had any use for them, and I didn't want to just throw them out.

I hope this is a first step for my family (and maybe yours) to become more conscious of our enviorment and our impact on it, as well as a great way for us to make a change for the better!
want to join zwaggle? here is the link:
http://www.zwaggle.com/request-invitation.php?code=ZPBN

and as always you can check out the parents bloggers network here:
http://blog.parentbloggers.com

2 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So that is what zwaggle is!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for your Zwaggle enthusiasm. (And to think, we didn't even know it until today.) See you 'round the Zwagglesphere, and again, thanks!