Sunday, September 14, 2008

a week so good i'm mentally fried.

It has been a very stressful, tiring and in retrospect good week.
This week, my 3 year old started preschool, my baby turned one and we had the usual huge party to throw, and my mom had surgery to rule out cancer.

In the end, my 3 year old loves preschool and the teachers think he is some kind of angel child, like I can see the love on their faces when they look at him. heh, yeah right! They don't know him like I do, and I'm just waiting for him to get comfortable enough to be fresh. Also thinking maybe he won't be fresh cause kids are always better for other people, and I must add a little relived that he may have actually heard half of what I say to him, and maybe absorbed some of it! He's not a demon with big brown eyes, blond curls, and dimples! Who knew?!

Ben's party was great, he got a few nice presents and people took the hint that he really didn't need anything at all. (my house looks like a toy store and I have more clothes from Will than Ben can even wear this winter) His actually birthday was the friday the 12th, and he appropriately enjoyed his ice cream cake.

And my mom doesn't have cancer! yeah, can't put in words how great that is....but if i ever meet the recovery nurse in a dark room I probably will have a few words for her...

so in the end it has been a very good week, but i'm working sat, sun and monday, and let me just say as i stand in a hallway and type this, that my heart is not in it, i'm just toast and want to be curled up on my couch reading or something. Luckily I have an easy quiet group.

I stumbled upon this in the blogs and it's just so funny i had to share even though it's a few weeks old.
http://thebloggess.com/?p=635

2 comments:

CONNIE said...

You're son is such a sweetheart, ALi. One of these days, I'll borrow him (if you'll let me)and we'll do some craftings.

I'm glad your mom is doing great. CANCER really sucks...I'll let you know if I need anything. Thanks for such a great neighbor...

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! I am so glad that your mom is okay, what a relief.
Take care and I hope you get some rest Ali.