Friday, June 13, 2008

updates from our house

>
Here are some updates for this week:
1) Ben has two teeth, and more are coming! I say that like it's a good thing, but the poor baby was up screaming in pain for an hour last night waiting for the meds to kick in.


2) Will now pees in the potty standing up, apparently daddy started teaching him but never told me, so imagine my surprise when he just starts doing it one day!


3) oh yeah while discussing peeing, earlier this week we were in the backyard playing when will told me he needed to go potty, so as he was on his way into the house, he suddenly stops walking, drops trow and pees in the middle of the yard. Then he shot me his most mischevious smile and went back to playing.


4) Will also told me a joke for the first time this week-"mom, why did the chicken cross the road?" I was stunned, where did he hear chicken jokes? When i did answer him he said "Because the monster truck was going to run him down" Yup that's my boy! (also taught to him by daddy i found out later)


5) Ben is trying to kill himself, suddenly you cannot sit on the couch and hold him because he actively tries to squirm out of your arms and throw himself on the floor, he also tries to squirm out of your arms to go play, unfortunetly his little 9 month old head doesn't know he can't walk, but he is trying to pull up on things, and roll to get what he wants, and get on all fours(almost)
what can a mom say about all this development?
oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit......I'm in trouble! This kid is gonna be the death of me!




6) Dave finally got me BonJovi tickets for my birthday! So on my 32nd birthday i will be sitting in the nosebleed seats at a concert i have wanted to go to for the last 15 years (give or take)
we are also planning on spending the night in the city for a little "alone" time! so excited!

thats the updates, i have other stuff to write about floating around my head, just need a minute to put fingers to keyboard.

No comments: