Friday, June 20, 2008

what i did on my summer vacation...or yup still tired

A few weeks ago I gave up my precious piano, you know the one that sat in my dining room that noone knew how to play? It was badly out of tune, the veneer was peeling off, it smelled old and dusty, but it was free, and I have always wanted to know how to play..I did start lessons, but then I also started nursing school, then I started working as a new grad, then I was pregnant for will while working full time as a brand new nurse, then I had a newborn who became a toddler, then I was pregnant for ben....you see where this is going. I just didn't have the time or leftover braincells to learn something new. I still don't.

why did I give it up? Because we have a cute little 1300 square foot house, and it is exploding at the seams with all this kid stuff, mostly toys. Last night we went out and bought a huge bookcase to put where the piano had been, then a quick trip to walmart later we stocked up on lots of plastic bins-and instead of going to bed at a decent hour, I stayed up and did this:



yup I stayed up until 1am to sort toys-but I had so much fun! Noone interupted or took the toys away as I sorted them!

and now these two:



will be able to easily find what they want to play with, and I will only be dealing with one bin worth of mess at a time. (because of course there are new rules)

fyi-the top shelf is not in yet because we somehow did not get enough pins to hold the shelf up, but that one is going to be all my office type stuff-paperwork we need to keep, legal documents, stuff like that-heaven!
also holds all of the arts and crafts supplies that have been spilling over!

Dave is going to make me some doors(no really, he does that kind of thing all the time) so we can close it and everything just goes away...oh and we are going to paint it white. when that happens i'll post pics. For now just loving the organized toys and clean living room floor!

1 comment:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Looks great! Good luck keeping it all organized though. I have 4 kids thwarting my efforts at every turn. ugh.